Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A wedding is in the works, and it's mine!

Yep, Marc and I are engaged, in the most casual of fashions.  Perfectly, "us".

I'm not sure there are words to describe the happiness and excitement I'm feeling.  However, silly me, we decided to set the date only two month after the re-opening of Mormor in the new space. Oh well, I like a challenge.

Marc is the most amazing man.  I am lucky in love.  He supports me, my business, my crazy ideas and has helped me reach every goal I have ever set my sights on.

We are getting married on June 30th on the Bridge of Flowers in Shelburne Falls, MA.  A reception is to follow in the new Mormor.  It's going to be a potluck, handmade, flowery and casual affair.  No pouffy dress, no giant guest list and nothing breaking the bank.

We are so fortunate to be living in Western, MA where you can simply step outside your door and be surrounded by mountains, flowers, handmade galleries and wonderful people.  No need for decoration.

Needless to say, it wouldn't be my wedding without a few projects to tackle.  First, and foremost, the dress:


This dress. Vogue Pattern 1174.  But I think I'm going to choose a silk linen for material instead:


Not to mention, I have a few tricks up my sleeve the decorate the shop for the reception as well.

Check out my Pintrest board, to see more wedding ideas that I collect on a daily basis!


2 comments:

  1. Yay wedding! It's going to be spectacular. To say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried on a few bridesmaid dresses that looked like this. Does it have pockets, I loved that... they weren't the chosen dresses, but I thought of getting it eventually just for myself. Really love your ideas as always...

    ReplyDelete